Thursday, December 30, 2004

Kearse defensive MVP?

Thought it was interesting that Kearse didn't play Monday, with Madden saying Jim Johnson called him the defensive player the team could least afford to lose. Kearse is a beast.

But my brother and I got into a debate over who the next mvp on the defense is? He said Brian Dawkins, while I offered Jeremiah Trotter. Jeff argued that it had to be Dawkins cause there was really no replacement for him. He said that the 2nd string is such a downgrade from Dawkins, and while Trotter would also be missed, there is less a downgrade in talent with Simoneau filling in for Trotter. Very valid points.

My thinking was that Trotter has so improved the run defense that to return to the old lineup would be particularly disappointing.

My brother won me over and, besides, I love Dawkins. Got his number 20 jersey. But we both agreed we would prefer not to lose either one in the long run.

No comments: