Saturday, April 04, 2009

Dawk Helping out Former Eagle Employee

BDawk is going to give his Broncos-Eagles tix to former Eagle employee Dan Leone, who was fired after criticizing the Eagles for letting Dawkins depart via free agency. Just another notch in BDawk's good guy belt.

From the Daily News:

Of course, Dawkins will be back at the Linc this season as a visitor, with the Broncos scheduled to play here at a date not yet announced. He said he has decided what he will do with the two tickets each visiting player gets for an away game. They won't go to a high school player this time, but to a former Eagles game-day employee, Dan Leone, who was fired by the team after he vented his displeasure over the Birds losing Dawkins to Denver on his Facebook page.

"I thought it'd be a good gesture,'' Dawkins said. "Had I not . . . signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though. That really did surprise me. I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.''


No comments: