Saturday, September 08, 2012

Predictions

My friend PK writes:


I have a slightly different take on the season. I think the most important games are the Cardinals and the Lions, among the 1st 6 weeks. I have us coming outta that stretch going just 4-2, with losses to Steelers and Ravens. The worst-case scenario is 3-3 with those losses plus a loss to NYG.

So long as we come outta that stretch at 3-3, and so long as we haven't suffered some ridiculous season-ending injury to a key player like Vick or McCoy, I'm OK with where we go for the season. That's why I think the Cards/Lions games are soooooo important. Those are NFC games. We absolutely have to take care of business and beat them. Because those are NFC games. If we come outta the 1st 6 games 4-2, with only losses coming to the AFC teams, so be it.

Then we hit a bye week and, doubling down on Andy's good vibes, not only do we have a bye but we come out of it with a home game against a QB we usually beat, Matt Ryan. Then we go to NoLa for Mon night, at which point I firmly believe they will be a team in a downward spiral. We take them on Election Eve.


At that point we're rolling, and we take 3 of the next 4: Dallas, Skins, Panthers, Dallas.

So, frankly, I say we're either 8-4 or 9-3 at that point.

Of those final 4 games, I think splitting them is pretty easy.

I can make a case for a 12-4 season, but I'm standing down with a 11-5 prediction.


I don't quite understand why people like Peter King are so negative on the Eagles.

No comments: