Sunday, December 27, 2015

Clueless Coughlin

I love how awkward Collinsworth and Michaels are each week having to talk about a non-football related football story. First it was Greg Hardy a couple weeks ago. Tonight it's Beckham (with several oblique references to Peterson's lengthy nearly season long suspension last year - but they don't ever mention why he was disciplined). Their ramblings made no sense - do they think Beckham's behavior was inappropriate? The suspension too harsh?

The shocker for me was them explaining that Tom Coughlin did not understand what the uproar was about and the Giants PR director having to put together a video montage of Beckam's plays vs. Norman the next day.

Coughlin is the NFL version of Matt "I didn't see my closer choking my MVP rightfielder at the other end of the dugout" Williams. Coughlin didn't know his WR was out of control after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd personal fouls of the game? I'm pretty sure Coughlin has never had another player get more than 2 personal fouls in one game. Does Coughlin not care how many 15 yard penalties any of his players gets?

No comments: