Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eagles Predictions 2010, Part 2

Here's my brother's take on the season:

I found some interesting stuff – The Giants and Eagles have murderous schedule at end.  If Andy goes .500 over last 8 weeks we'll win division.  I have eagles starting something like 6-1.

The opener as the only loser.  I've said this before – the opener is HUGE this year.  Sets the tone.  Very good chance of Donovan coming to town with us undefeated (Jags/Lions after the Pack).

We end with cowboys, Giants end at Washington.  If I'm close on my predictions than the last week should be awesome.  I had Cowboys/Skins winning those games – so going into those I'd be at 9-6 eagles, 9-6 giants, 9-6 cowboys, 7-8 redskins.  Off by a game before then and we're all around 8-7.

Eagles middle schedule is interesting with the Niners/Falcons/Bears as big swing games – are those teams really going to better –on paper they are – actually significantly better.  I have us sweeping them.  Then getting it handed to us down the stretch (colts/Vikings/at giants/at redskins cowboys twice).

If we lose the close games – more likely with a new, first-time starting QB – then we're looking at 7-9, maybe even 6-10 considering the schedule.  If the D returns to prominence we could get to 10-6.  With no easy wins for anyone in the East that could take the division.

Cowboys             10-6
Eagles                 9-7  -  I put them second as I think they have the better chance at 9-7 (more confidence with them being 9-7 then Giants)
Giants                  9-7
Redskins              8-8

No comments: