Friday, May 04, 2007

McNabb Haters

Wow. I just got off the phone with a friend who is a member of the “I Hate McNabb Club.”

 

I thought that maybe he and his fellow McNabb haters would be having second thoughts about their intense dislike for #5 and the long-term implications and repercussions for the team now that Kevin Kolb signals the beginning of the end of the McNabb era.

 

I thought wrong. My friend is unchastened, unapologetic, and can’t wait to get rid of McNabb after this season and usher in the Kolb era.

 

I’m truly astounded. I could maybe, maybe, understand this thinking if the Eagles had taken Russell or Quinn. But pinning your hopes on what some had as the 6-7th best QB in the draft when you have one of the 5 best QBs in the league (albeit coming off major knee injury)?

 

I’m betting my friend has NEVER seen Kolb play in a college game. But it doesn’t matter. He’s not McNabb, so he must be better.

 

Sometimes I’m embarrassed by the stupidity of Philly sports fans.

No comments: