Thursday, September 27, 2007

From the Mouth of Clinton Portis

“I go out on the field and I give it everything I've got, bro. That's what I try to do. I'ma try to help the Washington Redskins as much as I can, as long as I can, and do whatever I can. When my number is not called, I'm not one to pout. Everybody want me to be a pouter. Everybody want me to be, 'Oh give me the ball.' They know I want the ball. Who don't know Clinton Portis want the ball? What you think, I shy away.”

-          - Clinton Portis, Redskins RB, trying to explain why he wasn’t on the field for the final two unsuccessful goal line running plays in last week’s 24-17 loss to the Giants. Interestingly, the Washington Post recently came under fire for cleaning up Portis’ quotes so they read more like actual English in the paper. Now I see why.

No comments: