Monday, April 28, 2008

The Q Rating

I love the fact that new Eagle Trevor Laws wanted a cheesesteak upon his arrival in Philadelphia yesterday. But I really love this guy Quinton Demps. I love his comments in a post-draft conference call, and I love the fact that he pointed out he picked off Kevin Kolb twice back in college. I also love that he seems to be aware that Donovan McNabb wanted the Eagles to get “playmakers” in the off-season and thinks that he fits the bill. Hell, if he is half as good as he thinks he is, or is as good as his mouth, maybe the Eagles did land their successor to Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins.

 

"I am a playmaker. If the Eagles wanted a playmaker, they got one as a steal in this draft. I am not a Pro Bowl player, I'm a Super Bowl player. I am ready to go. I am fired up."

 

(Note, transpose those last two sentences and you essentially have Barack Obama’s catch phrase, “Fired Up! Ready to Go.”)

No comments: