Friday, May 23, 2008

The Final Flyers Word

Comes from my friend and long-time Flyer fan (though he’s originally from Staten Island):

They overachieved and lost to a superior team, but at the same time made incredible strides and the future is bright.

Most pressing need is defense, so that will be priority in the offseason. And while we have a wealth of gritty 20 goal scorers, we need a little more offensive power. Maybe a skilled playmaking center like thornton from sj. Also I like the idea of getting brian campbell. One negative is the salary cap. I see carter or umburger going.

In sum, as flyers fans we should be more than happy about this season. I'm proud of this team. they rebuilt and fought to the end, and philly has a new sport hero in bobby clarke jr, mike richards. I can't say enough about this guy. I will be wearing his jersey on opening night in wachovia
.

No comments: