Friday, May 30, 2008

Kolb Again Confirming Veterans' Talent

Once again Kevin Kolb is prominently featured in a story about another player. This time it is a profile of newly acquired RB Lorenzo Booker.

Kolb said that when he heard about the draft-day trade for Booker, he was thrilled.

"He’s a huge pickup for us," Kolb said. "I was thrilled when it happened, and I’m even more thrilled now that I’ve been out there with him."

Kolb said his excitement comes from Booker’s low-maintenance attitude: He arrives prepared, and gets his work done in a dependable, time-efficient manner.


Part of me thinks Kolb's opinions are sought/included because he is the only quarterback around during this optional training sessions.

Another part of me can't help but suspect that this is a concerted effort on the part of the Eagles PR team to get more publicity for the "quarterback of the future" and help grease the skids - at least among fans -for the transition from McNabb to Kolb.

And I also can't help but think that if Kolb is becoming more visible right now then it also means (from the coaching perspective) that his play so far has indicated he won't be a bust.

No comments: