Friday, October 05, 2007

A Gnawing Bitterness

My friend PK is bitter about how the Phillies NLDS has played out so far. Compounding his frustration is the series/TV schedule.

 

He writes: “I got to watch 1 1/2 innings of my team's first playoff game in 14 years. I will likely watch none of today's game. I am in a position in life where taking off work is not a plausible thing to do in life. This sucks.

The reason why? "RedSoxNation" and the yankees.

TV sports execs are no different than the Hollywood tv/movie people who are so creatively bankrupt they keep churning out sequels of once popular movies and spinoffs of once popular tv shows. Sports producers are just praying for a BoSox-Yanks series, because they know it did so well in '03-'04. So they give every one of their games prominent timing.

F-u, TBS and MLB. F! U!”

No comments: