Thursday, October 25, 2007

London Calling

Channing Chowder didn’t get much of an education at Florida. Then again, maybe geography is too advanced a course for football players.

 

"Dolphins LB Channing Crowder, who appears likely to start in the middle Sunday against the Giants with Zach Thomas ailing, says he didn't know until Tuesday that people in London speak English.

 

"I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries," he said. "I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name."

 

But wait, it gets better. “After these comments, he was reminded that Dolphins receiver Marvin Allen is from London.  That's when Crowder asked, "He's from London?"  He then went on to proclaim, "I don't want to say he didn't look the part because that's a stereotype, but he didn't look the part. I heard him talk, and I thought he had a recorder and was just mouthing," recounts the Phinsider.

 

Is this guy even capable of understanding the defensive calls? Or not being deceived by a play-fake, audible, or reverse?

No comments: