Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rotation

Inqy reporting that the starting rotation will be Hamels, Kendrick, Lohse, and Moyer – and that Eaton may not be included on the roster.

 

My friend PK asks: “Just looking at that rotation scared the living crap out of me. Aside from Moyer, those starters have a combined 12 innings pitched in the postseason (all Lohse with the Twins) and just 1 start. With Hamels at 23, Kendrick at 22, is there any team in playoff history that went into postseason with its 2 lead pitchers being so young, so inexperienced? Prior and Wood are all I can think to compare, but those guys were in their mid-20s or later, I think, by the time the Cubs got to the '04 LCS.”

 

My brother suggests that having Hamels and Kendrick go in games 1 and 2 should help with the crowd at home.

 

 

No comments: