Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Trivia Question

Regarding Phillies “ace” Brett Myers, who started opening day and after being moved to the bullpen in May cause Jon Lieber is only slightly less a wuss than Cole “I don’t want to pitch relief or on three days rest” Hamels became the Phillies closer – (that and Flash Gordon can no longer be considered a reliable closer.)

 

Anyway, Myers started the Phillies season on the mound and was the final pitcher for the team in the same season. By final, I mean actually was the last pitcher who pitched.

 

Of playoff teams, I was trying to think of any other players that accomplished this kind of a rare, fluky feat.

 

Randy Johnson and Jack Morris both came to mind but I haven’t been able to check whether they were the opening day starters. I’m pretty sure Randy Johnson was. Can you think of any others?

No comments: